So basically at this point I cant turn the comp on from the power button. Before hand it did it once before and at the time my wife had brought it in to Geek Squad ( I know, I know...) anywho they shrugged it off said it was the motherboard needed to be replaced. Well when I got home to take a look at it I went thru all the connections makin sure nothin was bent loose dirty etc. and low n behold it booted up. Now after a couple of days I noticed it was gettin a lil sluggish playin WoW didnt think much of it til I brought up another program to talk to some people. After playin a game and talkin it completly froze up and didnt move. After waitin a good 2 min or so I tried to manual turn off usin the power button (didn't work) so went ahead and killed the power from the power supply switch. Thats what leads us up to the big problem. I can see the motherboard is receiving power via the led but it wont turn on when I push the rig power button. Any help would be appreciated obviusly not a comp person ;p!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

reset your bios and reboot, its worth a try.

btw if that power button does not turn off pc, just hold in on it for 5 - 10 seconds and it will shut down.

When I intially tried to turn it off I held the pwr button for a while to shut it down automatically didnt work though. So I guess I'll reset the bios see if it works or not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.