After updating Norton Internet Security. After the update I was advised to restart computer. Now the computer just goes to a black screen that says run windows normally, safe mode, etc. when I click Normal mode it shows the Windows XP start up loading screen with the green bars below going back and forth then it just restarts again, right back to the same screen. I can go to safe mode fine. I tried a system restore and it says its turned off and can only be turned on in normal mode. I removed Norton completely and it still happens. Restart from last point computer worked doesn't work either. Any suggestions?? Please Help???

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try to use repair console in windows XP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try to use repair console in windows XP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's no such thing as "Repair Console". Recovery console might help, but a repair Install might be better:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.