This is kinda embarressing asking other people for help but i haven't got much time,
my friend has a medion md95400 laptop and it has a 1.7ghz cpu (centrino) and we thought that my 3.2ghz cpu (pentium 4) would be great, then it didn't work out as we thought it
would.

I think i might have short circuited it and im no really sure what's is the problem when the
screen going blank everytime i turn it on, the lights are flashing so its not the screen im sure of that...but somebody please explain what the REAL problem is and tell how to
fix it.

P.S. without buying him another computer of course

KK

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This is kinda embarressing asking other people for help but i haven't got much time,
my friend has a medion md95400 laptop and it has a 1.7ghz cpu (centrino) and we thought that my 3.2ghz cpu (pentium 4) would be great, then it didn't work out as we thought it
would.

I think i might have short circuited it and im no really sure what's is the problem when the
screen going blank every time i turn it on, the lights are flashing so its not the screen im sure of that...but somebody please explain what the REAL problem is and tell how to
fix it.

P.S. without buying him another computer of course

KK

you don't say if you put his cpu back in but im assuming you did and it still doesn't work, correct!

i will assume that the p4 wasn't compatible with his laptop ,you may need to buy him a new one .lesson learned ,always make sure of compatibly

yer i knew that a person would say that eventually, but that wasn't really the answer i was
looking for , im just asking if there is anyway that i could fix it besides buying him
a new system...

and if anyone is going to say that i have or need to buy im a new system then please
don't bother telling me that.

KK

yer i knew that a person would say that eventually, but that wasn't really the answer i was
looking for , im just asking if there is anyway that i could fix it besides buying him
a new system...

and if anyone is going to say that i have or need to buy im a new system then please
don't bother telling me that.

KK

well i may have said that but i will asked you a couple of questions ,you first post is not clear as to if you are trying to used your p4 3.mhz cpu now or you put his 1.7 back in ,witch is it ?????????????????
you may have shorted something on the motherboard when you put the cpu in .you may have broken something else when you took the laptop apart ,make sure the keyboard is pluggged in correctly ,you did remove all power to the board before you did this correct ,you un plugged and removed the battery right !.what is the model number of the laptop should be on the back of it .i cant find any info on the laptop with out it .

well obviously you didn't look above to see what i REALLY said.

try saying ghz then mhz also.

think before you speak.

KK

well obviously you didn't look above to see what i REALLY said.

try saying ghz then mhz also.

think before you speak.

KK

bid deal i said mhz , i still don't know what cpu is in the laptop right now and actually don't care ,you were the dink who put your p4 3 ghz in his laptop , and fudged it so go buy him a new one

I don't think you have even read my 1st thread saying what the laptop model it is and further more on what kind of cpu has been mounted in the laptop.

I'm sorry to say that you are either really bad at the english language or you're typing
really fast and not have edited it. I had to think that a senior forumer might be an age
between 10 to 14...

Anyway i just fixed the problem with not even expert advice from a well known forum site, im quite astounded that no one could help me.

KK

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.