I recently came across some interesting cards that I can't seem to find any information on. I have "googled" all numbers on the card and asked several computer geeks and techies.... all to no avail. Can anyone help me with these?

Card #1

ADAPTEC
ARK MULE
(AURORA) RoHS
PROTO 1
23 FEB 06
CK #1-2

PCA-00236-01-A
ARK MULE (AURORA)_

BD0C608003S

The main chip reads:

VITESSE
VSC7250XHL
0549AKCFC
ADAPTEC

Card #2

ADAPTEC
ARK MULE
(SUNRISE LAKE) ROHS
PROTO BUILB
15 MAY 06
CK #1

PCI-00235-01-A
ADAPTEC ARK-MULE (SUNRISE LAKE) ROHS

BD0C620003H

Both cards have both and internal and an external SAS port, and are PCIe x4 format. Both cards also have DDR2 memory expansion slots. Any help would by greatly appreciated!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Seen a similar one on a hp/compaq server before, maybe worth checking thier sites?

PROTO 1 , PROTO BUILB this on both cards is interesting ,prot type .proto build ,mybe just that and you got the only 2 ,with those numbers on them ,actual builds have different numbers maybe

I actually have a good number more of these... all identical. I need to actually find a system to install them in and see what they come up as....

So you think they might be a prototype?

I actually have a good number more of these... all identical. I need to actually find a system to install them in and see what they come up as....

So you think they might be a prototype?

just a thought ,as when you search the numbers you posted ,most if not all results are of this thread!

These are development boards and not good for anything. I would not waste my time on these cards.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.