I recently accidentally broke my motherboard and now need to work out which motherboards I can get that are compatible with all the other hardware I have...

Specs:

Pentium 4 3.06ghz/1M/533/04a

DDR2 RAM

Thats all I know that it requires. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by The New Normal

You will also need to know what speed your RAM is. I think the third number you list is for the RAM, being DDR2-533, but the RAM should have a sticker on it with this info. How much do you have, 1GB?

Also need to know what graphics card type you have. Options are AGP and PCI-E, assuming you actually have a graphics card. Some people don't have them, and just use one built into the motherboard.
AGP slots are a lot smaller than PCI-E, but that doesn't really help you does it? Do you have the manual for your broken motherboard?

Yeah its ddr2 - 533, I have 1.5gb, split with 1 1gb chip and a 512.

Don't laugh but I have a geforce mx440se which I believe to be AGP as it says on that back...'out agp vga'

As for the motherboard...no I dont have a manual, but I can tell you the make...its an ASUS p5vd2 nvm/s but tbh I'm not really a fan of it.

That's a tricky set of specs you have there. Most boards that support 533+ are PCI-E rather than AGP.

This board here http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000191 seems to fit, but I'd hardly say I recommend it. There's also this one from Gigabyte: http://www.gigabyte.com.au/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2159 they both look almost identical actually. I might have to get back to you when I've got more time to search. Hopefully someone else can come up with something in the mean time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, your old motherboard is not on the ASUS website, because ASUS made it for Packard Bell and it's PB that support it. Just thought I'd mention it.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.