i have a 40 GB HDD, bought a 80 GB both segate. But when i tried to install OS in 80 GB it does not get installed, when the message appears trying to find the previous version of windows, system restarts. So i used the old 40 GB os and kept 80 as slave, recently i edited registry to change the start menu name it asked for system reboot but after that OS doesn't start it stucks at welcome screen. I tried to repair XP but the same problem as 80 GB system restart at the same screen. I thought problem with HDD, i tried my luck at 80 it worked, how could it be when it was not possible previously, then how it installed now. Now using 40 as slave. Iam afraid if anything happensto OS then i need to install os again and the same problem might occur again. Any idea what could be the problem. Though iam a Hard engineer, iam stuck at this problem, could not solve it

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

and could anybody give me rapidshare links for win2000 all in one, proff, ser and adv server,,,, plz plz

i got the solution for my second problem my first problem still remains unanswered

i found the links for win 2k

plz plz plz help

make sure u delete the partition when you installed a new OS..to prevent such problem..

make sure u delete the partition when you installed a new OS..to prevent such problem..

only windows XP students edition is getting installed

what u mean only xp is installed? try to download some disk partition software like partition manager, or other free tools to delete entirely your HDD to wipe out everything..then try to install again..if still cannot buy a new HDD...lol..is your hardware specs meet the requirement of the OS you are trying to install..

"and could anybody give me rapidshare links for win2000 all in one, proff, ser and adv server,,,, plz plz"

"i found the links for win 2k "

Dont discuss downloading or using pirated software here

You need to Zero Out both drives and start from scratch. make sure both drives are wiped and have no partitions then install the OS

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.