I have 2 questions about the Xbass 2.1 Amplified Speaker System...its a 3 piece subwoofer system...

ok, question 1...ok, so i bought this system, 3 pieces...2 satellite speakers and 1 subwoofer...my left speaker works, my subwoofer works...but the right speakers doesnt...when i test the sound, my PC treats the subwoofer as the right speakers...or i think it treats my left speaker as both left and right...because when i test it, it plays a sound on the left speaker, than on the right one, the sound plays on both the left speaker a little quieter, and the sub woofer...so does this mean my system is not supporting a 2.1 channel system? if so, how do i make it work? or is there no way?

and question 2...there are 3 pieces, a subwoofer and 2 satellite speakers...the 2 satellite speakers are magnetically shielded...but the subwoofer is NOT magnetically shielded...thus is damages monitors, CD's, etc...its what it says on the back in a red warning message...BUT...my question is, because the subwoofer is not magnetically shielded...is it a health risk to people? is it a good idea to have a subwoofer that is not magnetically shielded? cause if it causes health risks, id rather return it to the store right now!!!

This is the system i got...http://www.cyberacoustics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Home.ProductDetail&content_id=337

Thanks...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi ,do you have it plugged into green plug on sound card ,
sub woofer not shielded, to protect you monitor place it on the floor behind you computer desk maybe ,not sure about health issues ,aren't magnets good for what ails you .

yes, i did plug it into the green one...but my system only supports stereo, quad speakers, 5.1 and 7.1 channel...no 2.1 option to select...so im guessing its not even going to work...so i returned it to the store while i could...thanks for answering though...

yes, i did plug it into the green one...but my system only supports stereo, quad speakers, 5.1 and 7.1 channel...no 2.1 option to select...so im guessing its not even going to work...so i returned it to the store while i could...thanks for answering though...

don't be silly all computer support 2 speaker sets , go to start /control panel /sound and audio devices ,speaker settings /advance and and chose desktop stereo speakers .

don't be silly all computer support 2 speaker sets , go to start /control panel /sound and audio devices ,speaker settings /advance and and chose desktop stereo speakers .

if you re-read my post...i said my computer doesnt support 2.1 channel speaker set...thats NOT stereo...its 2 satellite speakers with 1 bass speaker...thats 3 speakers, NOT 2...its a 2.1 channel speakers system, NOT a 2 channel stereo speaker system...

and yes, my computer does support stereo...it only supports stereo speakers, quadraphonic speakers, 5.1 surround sound speakers, and 7.1 home theater system...no 2.1 system...thus, my computer reads left speakers as left, and the bass box speaker as the right, and the actually right speaker doesnt work at all...

if you re-read my post...i said my computer doesnt support 2.1 channel speaker set...thats NOT stereo...its 2 satellite speakers with 1 bass speaker...thats 3 speakers, NOT 2...its a 2.1 channel speakers system, NOT a 2 channel stereo speaker system...

and yes, my computer does support stereo...it only supports stereo speakers, quadraphonic speakers, 5.1 surround sound speakers, and 7.1 home theater system...no 2.1 system...thus, my computer reads left speakers as left, and the bass box speaker as the right, and the actually right speaker doesnt work at all...

maybe something wrong with the right speaker ,it should work just plugging it in ,always did for me ,i just have 2 speaker system now 1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.