oioi all i hope some kind person can help me , Iwas lucky enough to be given a new power supplie , by a very kind friend . because my old one would not power my new graphics card
geforce 9600 GSO fatality.
my power suppie is a EA 500 - GB 500 Watt ATX12V v2.0 PSU
it says it has" PCI-E connector: one for 380W and 430W, two for 500W"

my question is how do i know what one is which i have looked at the cables they did no give me a clue , only thing is 2 have stickers on with PCI-E on them. I know its one of the 500 ones i need to power the card.

So can you help me i have installed the power supplie,and connected the card.
This was the first time i have done anything in a pc .If u could have seen me u would have laughed, sweating , and worried i was about to damage my beloved pc.

all runs fine mind the fan on the card seems a bit loud , but besides that i have had no indercation that i have the wrong conector powering the card.
any advice please many thanks in advance.
jonj0e..............

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Just plug one of them in your card. How much amp does the 12V give in your PSU? Make sure it is over 20 A... Read it on the PSU Sticker below 12V

Modern psu's are "idiot proof", so if it doesn't fit, its not the right one, and if it does, its probably the right connector.

Modern psu's are "idiot proof", so if it doesn't fit, its not the right one, and if it does, its probably the right connector.

exactly what he said,the cable can only go in to one place,the gpu should have a 6pin connector where as the cpu connector will be eiter 4pin or 8pin, so if the one says pci-E then it will be that one

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.