Hey, Currently my computer has one 40GB hard drive in it, and my friend has an old computer that he never uses with an 80GB hard drive. Is it possible just to take that hard drive and plug it into one of the connectors in my computer?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey, Currently my computer has one 40GB hard drive in it, and my friend has an old computer that he never uses with an 80GB hard drive. Is it possible just to take that hard drive and plug it into one of the connectors in my computer?

Thanks!

sure it possible ,but if you plan on using it as the main hdd,and run the windows that might be install on it that won't happen ,it will need a fresh install of winxp or what ever ,but if you plan on just using it for storage should be no problem just some jumper setting on the drive to use it as a slave drive

That means if I want to use 2 SATA-II hdds on the same PC, both with Windows on them [different versions], I can't? :-s

That means if I want to use 2 SATA-II hdds on the same PC, both with Windows on them [different versions], I can't? :-s

no that not what that means ,i wasn't talking to you ! your case may be different .you can do what you want to do, but you need to use boot manager software ,but if the drive have been in other different computers you will most likely need to do a fresh install !

I have used this one .
http://www.osloader.com/.

thanks a lot.

thanks a lot.

your welcome ,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.