So I just got my new computer, everything works great, it sounds great, however when I went to check the C drive under my computer I found a problem. The C drive read 74gigs free out of 79 gigs. Now, that wouldn't normally be a problem except its reading the wrong harddrive as the main drive.

Now, I ordered The Primary hard drive as a 1TB drive. Now, that would come as two 500gig hard drives (Serial-ATA-II) and secondary hard drive as an 80 gig hard drive. Now, my plan was to take out the 80 gig hard drive and put my 300gig hard drive (from my current desktop) in there that has all my old files, then put the 80gig in my (would be old), however as you can see...I couldn't do that.

After checking around on the web I was able to figure something out. I went into device manager and when under disk management and found that the two hard drives were unallocated. I volumed them, assigned them to a slot, and now its formatting. Its at 63% right now. Hopefully it will show up when im done.

So now I have a new question. Once this is done formatting and hopefully it works, is it possible for me to uninstall my 80gig hard drive, make these new ones my new C drive (if i have to reinstall windows thats fine) and then put my 300 gig hard drive in place of the 80gig as a secondary hard drive?

Thanks for your help, and if you can tell me how...that would be great!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

if the drives weren't formatted i don't see how this a raided hdd question

I don't know, I was just giving a background of the problem. I am still wondering about my question though, whether or not I can make the Raided hard drives my new C drive and replacing the 80gig with my 300gig.

I don't know, I was just giving a background of the problem. I am still wondering about my question though, whether or not I can make the Raided hard drives my new C drive and replacing the 80gig with my 300gig.

cant see why you cant put them what every way you want ,.check this site for all you need to know about raid .
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/67

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.