Hi, I have seen similar threads on this forum, but generally they seem to have slightly different situations. My two-year old Dell XPS M1210 is a work-horse of a machine and generally gives me no hardware-related issues. But within the past few weeks, it has developed this nasty of habit of just shutting down on me... going dead blank. It restarts with no problem immediately thereafter... gives me no warnings or tell-tale signs that shutdown is immiment...

Is this an overheat situation? If so, is there something that I should be doing to resolve it. I generally run it on A/C power with the battery removed... (not sure if that is relevant), and am writing from Bangkok Thailand right now... (also not sure if that is relevant).

Thanks!

I could be overheating ,have u ever used a can of compressed air to remove dust from the fans and heatsinc

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.