Hi all,

I have a DELL Poweredge 2800 with a Raid 5 configrutaion of 3 hard drives capacity 73GB 10k Ultra 320 SCSI. Two of the hard discs started blinking 4 times per second which clearly states the hardware failure in dell systems. So 2 out of 3 HDs stopped working. Unfortunately I do not have any backup.

I tried to bring the hard drives ONLINE by FORCE option provided in the utility manager to configure RAID and got the hard drives up but couldn't login to windows server 2003. It started showing NTLDR and NTDETECT missing messages. I also copied the files using recovery console with Windows Server installation CD but still no use. I still can not login to Windows with the message ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt. I tried the Expand command on recovery console to overwrite the file but still I am getting the same error.

How I can recover the data back. Is it possible to get back? I offcourse do not require each and everything stored on the Hard drive but one SQL Server database is very important.

One more thing .. Is it worth giving hard drives to Data Recovery Companies?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

One more thing .. Is it worth giving hard drives to Data Recovery Companies?

just going to offer an opinion on this question ,
It depends what the data is worth to you !

Do you mean there is no hope other than this?

Do you mean there is no hope other than this?

no, i have no idea related to you problem sorry, was just commenting on you data recovery question

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.