Help, I'm trying to burn 4.7 GB DVD+R discs using Nero 7.2.0.3, on Windows XP Pro SP2, and I don't want to burn the whole DVD at once, I want to keep adding a few files at a time. The only problem (and it's a big one) is that I tried several times to create a second session and it always makes the first session hidden and invisible, so I lose access to that first set of data, why is this? I tried creating the disc as a DVD-ROM (ISO) or DVD-ROM (UDF), but both types give the same problem. I only see the latest session when I browse the burned DVD in Windows Explorer. What's up here? Have I lost that previous data for good (I hope not) or is there some program I can use to be able to access it? More to the point, how do I stop this happening again? I want to be able to add data whenever I like to the DVD so it fills up gradually and I can see all the files from the oldest to newest. I know this should be easy, but I can't figure out why it's going wrong. Help please!

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

have thist prob appered for the first time? coz some of DVD drive doesn't support multisectioning.

have thist prob appered for the first time? coz some of DVD drive doesn't support multisectioning.

Correct, or rather I never tried adding files incrementally before, I was always burning a full DVD at once. I just tried burning 2 DVDs and both times (once as a UDF disc and once as a DVD-ROM) the 1st session was no longer visible after writing the 2nd session. I'm using the DVD drive in my handbag-sized computer, Sony Vaio VGN-S3XP model, about 1 year old, which has a Mat-Shit-A brand DVD burner, if that's any help. I hope that Shita is not one of those that doesn't support multisectioning, otherwise I will remove it and cut it up into multiple sections... Thanks for your advice!

Ah, another thing I'd like to know is if this drive doesn't support multisessions, can I access the data I already wrote to those 2 DVDs by using a different DVD burner (or player) that does support it? I wrote some rather important data to one of the DVDs and I deleted it from my hard drive, and now that data is in the 1st session and I can't get at that data.

Ah, another thing I'd like to know is if this drive doesn't support multisessions, can I access the data I already wrote to those 2 DVDs by using a different DVD burner (or player) that does support it? I wrote some rather important data to one of the DVDs and I deleted it from my hard drive, and now that data is in the 1st session and I can't get at that data.

the answer is no, it will see only the last modification unfortunately.

You can see the data that was burned into a the DVD in the first session by using a free program called isobuster. Search google for 'isobuster' and u shud find it...

Help, I'm trying to burn 4.7 GB DVD+R discs using Nero 7.2.0.3, on Windows XP Pro SP2, and I don't want to burn the whole DVD at once, I want to keep adding a few files at a time. The only problem (and it's a big one) is that I tried several times to create a second session and it always makes the first session hidden and invisible, so I lose access to that first set of data, why is this? I tried creating the disc as a DVD-ROM (ISO) or DVD-ROM (UDF), but both types give the same problem. I only see the latest session when I browse the burned DVD in Windows Explorer. What's up here? Have I lost that previous data for good (I hope not) or is there some program I can use to be able to access it? More to the point, how do I stop this happening again? I want to be able to add data whenever I like to the DVD so it fills up gradually and I can see all the files from the oldest to newest. I know this should be easy, but I can't figure out why it's going wrong. Help please!

i too have the ssame problem can u give me the solution for it

i too have the ssame problem can u give me the solution for it

so what part of the above post don't you under stand ,there was no solution according to the post ,

ok,just did it with nero 7 ,i used the make data disk feature and checked off ,allow files to added later [multisecession],,did it twice and can see all file from both secessions ,just make sure you check the option each time

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.