Hey. Just got a artic freezer 7 and i am very confused about a few things. this is my first time with a custom CPU cooling system. plz bare with me as i do have a far bit of info.
When i start my system and check temp in BIOS this happens. it will start at 38 (sometimes 37) then will go up and down between the number above it and eventually go up and down between the number above that. ie: 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 however not that quickly (maybe 10 times to go up) it gets up to 45*C !!! wtf, thats about the same as the stock intel cooler i used to have also the MB temp starts at 30 and does the same to about 39! i was really pissed when this kept happening and going to 45! however this is really wierd - When i run ASUS Probe, it usu. starts around 40-41 and then will slowly do the opposite of the numbering above down to 37 (ive never gotten less than that, it seems to lock at 37!). My mobo temp is at 39*C which is more than the CPU!!! btw, I didnt make sure cpu was clean before installing/applying new layer of Thermal Paste well now for my questions
1) Wtf is up with the numbering?
2) is 37 a good temp?
3) should mobo be more than CPU? Is the mobo really hot (starts at 30 in bios)?
4) Because I didnt make sure cpu was clean, is it a bad thing? will the old paste be bad and put down the new? should i completely reinstall this mofo (i hope not as installing sh*t into a LGA775 CPU is ridiculously hard; not the theory [unclip > remove], just the crappy clip-in's that i couldnt get in for about an hour!)
5) What would be the best way to test non-idle temps with extreme usage?
6) how fast can the fan go, i dont care that much for the extra noise! 2537 is my locked current speed! how fast could i make this go and how would i increase it?
many thx in advance! i hope that someone experienced in aftermarket cooling can shed some light for me in this problem! any replys will be greatly appreciated