Hi
I'm new to this and don't know much about computers so I hope someone can help me :S

My HP ze4700 laptop will only power on when plugged in, but only turns on for a few seconds, shows a screen that gives me options (start in safe mode etc), allows me to choose one then turns off again.

Ideally I would like to fix it but if I can't I would like to sell it for spares/repair. The trouble is it has all my stuff on it that I wouldn't necessarily want a buyer to access. If I can't fix it, can I remove this info?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you can use the recovery disk that came with your laptop do a clean install . it will remove all data and reinstall the operating system and any other software that came with the laptop when you got it. if you are woried about someone scannig your hard disk for old information even after you format it you can give it a military wipe, find this software dban on the internet and use it to wipe the HDD. then you can restore the computer with the restore disk.

Ok, I'll try that. Thank you very much for your help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.