Hi all,

Severe HD failure meant that I have had to install Windows XP Pro from scratch.

I then installed the drivers from the HP site, and WXP kept crashing and when it came back, it reported problems with the ATI Radeon. I then used Driver Mgr to roll back to the Windows XP one, and am still getting occasional issues.

Does anyone know of a driver that I can use?? I'm desperate!!!

Thanks,

Dan.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hello,

Actually, I'm writing from a laptop (Compaq Presario 920) with an ATI Mobility Radeon ... but from Debian GNU/Linux. XP also works fine.
You should try the installation media that came with the machine, as they should work completely.

Ari

Unfortunately, I do not have this as it's a second-hand laptop. Any pointers?

Dan.

Perhaps you could give Linux a try, at least booting from CD the Knoppix distribution (http://www.knoppix.org) - no need to install!
Otherwise, try some 'googling' about card problems with XP.

What make and model number is the laptop please? The manufacturer's website is the place to get the appropriate drivers.

The HP site will have everything you need. You should download and burn a copy of ALL drivers for your machine for future reference

I have ATI Radeon Mobility Drivers in my laptop too...

I Dual boot 98se, Xp and Linux-Mepis or Linux-Knoppix

FYI Both laptops are Dell C610's I like Mepis and the wife like Knoppix...
I just think she likes the cute little dragon in Knoppix...
Whatever keeps her happy keeps me happy...

The HP site will have everything you need. You should download and burn a copy of ALL drivers for your machine for future reference

I have ATI Radeon Mobility Drivers in my laptop too...

I Dual boot 98se, Xp and Linux-Mepis or Linux-Knoppix

FYI Both laptops are Dell C610's I like Mepis and the wife like Knoppix...
I just think she likes the cute little dragon in Knoppix...
Whatever keeps her happy keeps me happy...

i have the same problem. i loaded omega 2.6.42 and currently i haven't encoured with problem. but i dont know if i will have this problem or not. you should try it. you can find it on www.guru3d.com. try and tell me the result.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.