I have a shuttle AV45GT/AV45GTR motherboard. I had one stick of 256 PC 2100. I installed 2 more identical sticks. How do I get it recognized? My computer info still shows only 256. I'm running XP. Pent4 at 1.7. The instruction book says I sholdn't have to do anything.

I have a shuttle AV45GT/AV45GTR motherboard. I had one stick of 256 PC 2100. I installed 2 more identical sticks. How do I get it recognized? My computer info still shows only 256. I'm running XP. Pent4 at 1.7. The instruction book says I sholdn't have to do anything.

Hi,

There's probably something else at fault here but just for the sake of it try shuffling the ram sticks around in the slots and test different combinations. I've had that solve RAM related problems many times. Don't ask me what's the logic behind it cause it still baffles me, somehow some ram sticks won't work if put in certain slots :confused:

Good luck with your problem.

Ciao for now.

and uninstall graphix card, got that tip from my asus manual(i know it doesn't apply), but i never thought reading it would help, and it did, so for the wierd things, take a peek in the mobo manual

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.