I'm planning to buy a decent directX10 graphics card for my PC. But I'm confused which one would be the most effective?? I mean both in terms of Price and performance. I have budget around $100 to $150

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

You need to give us your PC specs and the games you want to play.

$150 won't get you into high performance zone and to make modern games work well you might even have to downgrade DX10 to run in DX7 mode.

I will assume you are looking for a budget card, and not for the best possible graphics.

Most reviews I have read, state that the ATI HD 3850 delivers good graphics, for a modest price. Depending on which model you buy, you should be able to stay well in budget.

I reccomend buying a 256mb version, as the 512mb only provides slightly higher FPS, at a higher cost, especially if you set the game's resolution to 1280x1024. If however, you plan to set a higher resolution (e.g. when you want to play with high resolution wide-screen), you might want to look for a different chip alltogether.

I don't see how we can advise viron on specifics unless we know the PC spec. If viron has a high PC spec it can take the graphics load; if he has a low PC spec, then he's limited in what he can achieve and all we know is that he has DX10 at his disposal.

Indeed, will we hear from Viron again?

I don't see how we can advise viron on specifics unless we know the PC spec. If viron has a high PC spec it can take the graphics load; if he has a low PC spec, then he's limited in what he can achieve and all we know is that he has DX10 at his disposal.

I do agree with you Suspishio, only the poster didn't ask for that. I think we must assume that he is aware of other factors, since he asked specifically for information about graphics cards. If that isn't enough, the poster should have done more research, and asked his question in a different way.

I'm planning to buy a decent directX10 graphics card for my PC. But I'm confused which one would be the most effective?? I mean both in terms of Price and performance. I have budget around $100 to $150.

Assuming that you yourself have done some research concerning the rest of the system, I still advice you to have a close look at some HD3850 cards.

Try GeForce 9600GT or Radeon HD3850

Hello Friends,
I have a computer with following specs:
1:Intel dual core proces
2: intel 945 motherboard
3:17 inch CRT monitor.
I was very confused after looking at the diferent cards on the market and wish you guys could help me out.
My budget is around 100$.

My friend Mufazzal also wants to buy a card in the same range but his computer specs are:
1:Intel core2 Quad 8200
2:Intel DG43 motherboard
3:19" TFT monitor with optimum res of 1440*900

It would be of great help if you can help us both out.

For $100, best card is Radeon 4670, especially in 1024*768. But if you want to run games smoothly in 1440*900, you need better card, Geforce 9600GT is minimum

For an $80 card, it's good enough. But make sure it has DDR3 not DDR2.

Where's the $80 card we can found?

Sorry, it's sold

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.