I have an old monitor with a DVI adaptor conected to it so it fits my graphics card, My card is an nvidia 6800 i think lol sry I didnt build it. basicly the tower powers up fine and sounds great however the monitor stays blank and the light blinks green, the monitor works fine on my laptop and i have tried another monitor and it does the samething, what i have noticed is if i disconect the DVI adaptor it says there is no connection and as soon as i put the adaptor on, the message dissapers and the light starts again it does this even when the comp is switched off, any ideas would be great cos its driving me mental :) thanks Sean

Also the comp has a mx2 orbital matrix LCD display which has also stopped working :(

sound more like you video card is acting strange ,do you have a onboard video connection maybe ! that you could try ,if not i thing you will need to try another card to troubleshoot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.