Bamchan 0 Newbie Poster

I have used this forum on a few occassions and have found the help to be quite useful. Now I really have an issue that I need some assistance with.

A few years ago I purchased a NetGear SC101 Network storage device. When utilized the NetGear software formats the drives with Z-SAN format.

I no longer use NetGear because quite honestly it was a PIA and wasn't worth all the issues and personal heartache that it has caused me.

Now I want to put the 2 HHD's into external enclosures and use them via USB. Problem is that I can not format them. When I turn on the drive, windows pops up with the old 'New Hardware Found'...USB Mass Storage Device.... and then several minutes later it tells me that the device is ready for use.

It does not show up in Explorer or my menu, but if I go to the device manager it shows up as ST316002 3A USB Device. When I click on the properties and volumes it shows nothing (as expected because it has a different format then the computer can read).

I already tried to go to disk managment but it states that it is unable to connect to the Logical Disk Manager service. I am not on a network, just my stand alone laptop.

Question is how do I just format this drive? I do not care what is on them anymore.

Someone please help....

Thanks in advance..