I have a emachine computer. After I would turn it on & after a short time it would turn it self off & the with in a few minutes back on, this would go on & on after this would start happened, I could not turn it off manaully on my on . I would have to unplug it was the on way to stop it. I was told to replace the Power Supply & it should fix my problem. Well I did this . It worked great for two whole days. And last night it started AGAIN. I love my computer, it is my friend when I go home. Can any one please HELP ME.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

any usb devices plugged into your PC that could possibly send a signal to the computer?

Check your power button . Is it an emachines with a green power button or one of the newer ones with a black power button? Try pulling the face off the computer and check the plastic behind the button. See if something is sticking the button somewhere.

any usb devices plugged into your PC that could possibly send a signal to the computer?

No, Even I unplug every thing from the back of my computer, it will still turn it's self off & on.

Check your power button . Is it an emachines with a green power button or one of the newer ones with a black power button? Try pulling the face off the computer and check the plastic behind the button. See if something is sticking the button somewhere.

My button is black, it lights up blue,I will check it when I get home tonight. You see when I turn it on, sometimes it will say on for a good while before it starts this, and maybe the next time 2 or 3 mins. or so.

If you use a single memory stick in your system , what will happen? Use one stick at a time and try to test it also in different slots.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.