Drive 0 not found: Serial ATA, SATA-0
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

I really need to fix my PC
My PC is a Dell 5150C

Thanks

All help would be greatly appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

You need to be more explicit. That error shows when the BIOS is booting or when the operating system is taking control?
What is your OS (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)???

sorry, im not very good with computers

It occurs just after the DELL screen comes up. Before the login.

The computer is running Windows

I think that perhaps it has something to do directly with your hardware. The best thing you can do is ask for support directly to Dell, so you can take advantage of their guarantee system and all.

I would call for phone support but im afraid my guarantee has run out and they wont help me as im not under guarantee

Open it up and make sure the power and data cables are firmly fitted between your hard drive and motherboard/power supply.
You may want to buy and try a new sata cable, they aren't too expensive.

how do i know which are the power and data cables?

Because they plug into the hard drive.

sorry, i Just opened it up and yes, the plugs are fitted firmly but the error still comes up

After going into Setup Utility, i notice that on the boot seuqence, it says...
Onboard or USB Floppy Drive (not present)
Onboard SATA Hard Drive (not present)

This isnt normal I guess?

SATA is your hard drive. You probably have either a faulty SATA cable or a faulty hard drive. It would be worth buying a new SATA cable as they do sometimes break down.

sorry, i Just opened it up and yes, the plugs are fitted firmly but the error still comes up

remove and plug them back in ,sometime helps

Go to BIOS, SATA will be turned on. Turn it off. Then your computer will not give this error message.

I have just had the same problem on the same computer, if this thread is still open, there are two inputs opposite where the RAM slots are, and one is coloured blue and the other black, the cable coming out of one of them should go into the blue, and it should be blue as it is coming from the hard drive, and if you were to put another in that is what the black would be for. Hope this heples

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.