Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I recently thought that I had a hard drive problem because when I went in and did dskchk it said it had errors. I did a fix but the problem still existed. Many times when I would reboot it would take me to the safe mode, start normally page. Sometimes it would boot just fine. Well, after returning the hard drive and reinstalling xp pro sp2 I started installing things. After installing the nvidia drivers the problem started again. I rolled back the 2 ide/ata drivers to the microsoft drivers and now for over a day I have had no problems. The motherboard is the chaintech vnf3-250. The drivers I got from chaintech don't seem to work. They are not the most recent drivers as they are like 4.24 or something like that and the ones from nvidia are 4.6 or something close. Should I just go to the nvidia site and try theirs or just stay with what I have because it now works.

I recently thought that I had a hard drive problem because when I went in and did dskchk it said it had errors. I did a fix but the problem still existed. Many times when I would reboot it would take me to the safe mode, start normally page. Sometimes it would boot just fine. Well, after returning the hard drive and reinstalling xp pro sp2 I started installing things. After installing the nvidia drivers the problem started again. I rolled back the 2 ide/ata drivers to the microsoft drivers and now for over a day I have had no problems. The motherboard is the chaintech vnf3-250. The drivers I got from chaintech don't seem to work. They are not the most recent drivers as they are like 4.24 or something like that and the ones from nvidia are 4.6 or something close. Should I just go to the nvidia site and try theirs or just stay with what I have because it now works.

i always say if it aint broke dont fix it...if its working fine for you dont worry about the drivers ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.