It looks like I'm about to purchase a Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard to up grade my computer which has a 300watt power supply, and I'm tying to find out if that will be enough. Are there any other compatability issues that I should be aware of?
I do appreciate the help, I'm slowly but surely getting there. dcc

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

well 300 watts of what brand that is? some cheap power supplies claim they are 300 watts but they are really not. i guess with antec 400 watts or better would be good. if you have a new video card that will eat more power. pair it with a couple of drives that would be more. so it really doesnt hurt to invest on better psu:)

I pulled the cover and my power supply is a Antec PP-303X300W, does that help? dcc

It looks like I'm about to purchase a Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard to up grade my computer which has a 300watt power supply, and I'm tying to find out if that will be enough. Are there any other compatability issues that I should be aware of?
I do appreciate the help, I'm slowly but surely getting there. dcc

Nobody ever seems to have a direct answer for that question.
I have an Antec Sonata case that came with a 380 watt psu.I have an Asus P4c800-E deluxe mobo , 9800 pro ,3 case fans,2 hard drives , and 2 optical drives. I often wondered if the psu was suppling enough power.
This particular psu regulates its fan speed according to the heat it produces.Of course the more power being used , the hotter its gonna get.
Anyhow , your Asus motherboard should come with the program pcprobe.
With pcprobe i figured that if the voltages all stay within the norm and the psu fan is not running full blast , then things must be ok.
Good luck.

well i do guess your power supply is ok. but it wont hurt if you invest on higher capcity ones. antecs are real good

I have just bought an Antec Sonata case and Asus P4c800-E deluxe mobo. but I had no problem to fit it on I/O shield side on board in my Antec sonata case .becuse the cutting on the back of sonta case is not acording as the parallel port other ports.

please help me how you have fitted your asus P4c800-e deluxe mobo in antec sonta case.

for your ready referance i am useing 480 watt psu not 350 watt that come with the case you can choose 430watt.but 480 watt is supreb .

I have just bought an Antec Sonata case and Asus P4c800-E deluxe mobo. but I had PROBLEM[/B] to fit it on I/O shield side on board in my Antec sonata case .becuse the cutting on the back of sonta case is not acording as the parallel port other ports.

please help me how you have fitted your asus P4c800-e deluxe mobo in antec sonta case.

for your ready referance i am useing 480 watt psu not 350 watt that come with the case you can choose 430watt.but 480 watt is

Your always want as much power as you can afford, 300 watts might not be enough for a new high end system, 400 and 500 and even 600watt power supplys are not uncomon.

I'd suggest anything above 400 for now :)

I've got a 550 in mine.

Get antec 550 True power or 480 will do the job Remeber video card Nivida drain a lot of power. Cheap power supply can cause fires and damaged hardware don't buy a cheap PSU never deliver what they say they will lack short circuit and over voltage protection. Here proof click on this link
1.http://www4.tomshardware.com/howto/20021021/powersupplies-15.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.