My PC wont shutdown whether i use the shutdown menu or by keeping my finger on the power button....

It seems to have shutdown but when i move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard my pc goes back to the desktop.

I have recently upgraded my memory to 1gb crucial ballistix memory.

Could someone please help.

Cheers

Sounds Like It Is Set To Hibernate And Not Shut Off Probabley A Setting In Power Management Or In The Bios

WhitieTheCracke, the first thing i done when i realised this problem was check all my settings....

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

WhitieTheCracke, the first thing i done when i realised this problem was check all my settings....

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Yes i want you to remove all memory and then place only one stick in. turn on pc and see if issue pursists if so take that stick out and replace it with another do this until you have tried each peice or until the issue is solved. this can be a memory issue and maybe one peice is causing this so you will have to run one and see. any questions?

and if it is still doing this you are going to have to reinstall the os. let me know. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.