I have a new hard drive and i think that i need to move it to the master position, and that i need a bootable diskette. How do i make a bootable diskette?
thanks
dan

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

dandimmitt, that question tells us very little I'm afraid, so I'd ask you to start over again. Tell us what you have there please. As much information about your system hardware as you can, and also what version of Windows you are using.

It would help if we know what PC you have, what parts are in it, what you are trying to do, what is going wrong, and what you've tried to do to fix it.

dandimmitt, that question tells us very little I'm afraid, so I'd ask you to start over again. Tell us what you have there please. As much information about your system hardware as you can, and also what version of Windows you are using.

It would help if we know what PC you have, what parts are in it, what you are trying to do, what is going wrong, and what you've tried to do to fix it.

Ok actually i figured out how to make a startup disk, but i am still kind of in a quandry. I recently installed sbc dsl, which maxed out my 4.3g (compaq presario with amd k6 2 and windows 98 fe) so i went and installed an 80 g drive by seagate in the slave position. now i get a warning that the drive (the original master) in full. do i need to switch positions so that the larger drive is the master? can i transfer the system to the larger drive?
or should i just leave it alone and not worry about the full drive warnings, given the other drive.
When i tried thestartup disc, i tried to get it to print out and it wouldn't so i went back and started up normally. and got an error message that the "stacks" were overloaded and the needed to be changed in config.sys.
Idon't know what that was all about, but i rebooted and it came up in a menu that offfered normal, safe and a couple of other startup modes. i selected normal and it came up ok, but it scared me for a minute.
basically i'm jujst kind of muddling along and I would appreciate your opinions.
thanks
dan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.