hi i just bought a dvdrw Toshiba sd-r6472 to change my old dvd\cdrw Teac on my Toshiba Satellite 2450-401. It doesnt work...and i get IDE #1 error message. I tried the dvd driver on a Sony notebook and it works very well...so i updated my bios and also tried put another Sony dvdrw drive in my notebook. I get the same message...so i read on some forums that on the Toshibas the cable select drives doesnt work. Some have to connect some pins to set the driver to slave. On the dvd driver there are not pins to set it to master or slave. So i thought maybe there exist some other solution to make work a Toshiba dvdrw drive with a Toshiba notebook...please help me...

I would give five Star :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: for the guy who found this work around. I really frustrated from this error message. I have Toshiba Satellite A45-S150. I bought SD-R6472 DVD burner. I thought I wasted the money. simpley I replaced new DVD Writer and it came out with IDE#1 Error message.

I followed the instruction as stated in this website. I sutter pin 45 and 47. It took me a while because it was very hard to do, because of very small pin. After done, when I inserted, right away, I did not see error message. It fixed the problem. It READ/Write and working Fine. Thanks for tips.

chicago :idea:

:idea:

I would give five Star :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: for the guy who found this work around. I really frustrated from this error message. I have Toshiba Satellite A45-S150. I bought SD-R6472 DVD burner. I thought I wasted the money. simpley I replaced new DVD Writer and it came out with IDE#1 Error message.

I followed the instruction as stated in this website. I sutter pin 45 and 47. It took me a while because it was very hard to do, because of very small pin. After done, when I inserted, right away, I did not see error message. It fixed the problem. It READ/Write and working Fine. Thanks for tips.

chicago :idea:

This is the only solution for getting rid of this "IDE error problem" in toshiba notebooks. Just short pins 45 and 47...That's all !! It works realy. I thought I wasted my money but thanks to the information in this site, I am saved!!
Happy new year 2006vv :cheesy: :p

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.