I am not that tech/computer savvy------However, I have a Toshiba Tecra 510CDT, 133 mhz laptop. I want to know if the following hard drive is compatible. (I can get it free, if it is)
TOSHIBA HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP...4 GIG....MK4313MAT....HDD2141. Very thin..measures about 3/8".
Dan.........

I am not that tech/computer savvy------However, I have a Toshiba Tecra 510CDT, 133 mhz laptop. I want to know if the following hard drive is compatible. (I can get it free, if it is): TOSHIBA HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP...4 GIG....MK4313MAT....HDD2141. Very thin..measures about 3/8".

Look at the Toshiba user manual. Some laptops do not have a provision for changing the hard drive type or capacity. Check the BIOS and see if there is a drive selection page.

You should be able to download the book in PDF from Toshiba.

The determining size (form factor) of a hard drive is its width. Most laptops use 2.5" drives, most desktops 3.5" drives.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.