Hello everyone, setting up a new system and have a problem.

The connector my case came with for the Power LED is a 3 pin female connector but my motherboard only only has 2 pins available to connect the power wire. Is there anything I can do to get this power light working??

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If you look at the connector, does it look like this:

+---+
|OOX|
+---+

Where the O's are wires plugged in? If so, you should be able to simply plug the wires in where they fit, notating which pin is the + or -.

Assuming the three wire on your case led has an unused connector in the middle cut the connector in half and use as individual connectors

Assuming the three wire on your case led has an unused connector in the middle cut the connector in half and use as individual connectors

Damnit, thats exactly what I should have done. Unfortunately this client was just left with no power light, They didnt even notice, but yeah, that would have been a simple perfect solution.

Better solution is to move one of the wires from the outside pin to the middle one. They will be held in place with a clip, which you can depress by pushing on it with a pin. You'll see the clip on the side of the connector, and when depressed you can pull the wire out of the connector.

Which one you move depends on the layout of the front panel connector header on the motherboard.

Just make sure the mobo and the case led power wires match their right plus (positive) and minus (negative) symbols. You can lef out any other pin unplug if your mobo does not have their female a third pin can be only ground.

This thread is 7 years old!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.