I have an Acer Slim Desktop Machine - AX1200. I have a Brother 2040 Laser that I am trying to print to as well as an HP Oficejet 6110xi. I have been able to load the software onto the desktop and it installed the printers in the printer window - but jobs that I send to either printer never print. The status on the printer monitor is "printing" - but the job never prints on the printer.
I have updated the software from the Brother and HP websites and still have the same problem.

The crazy thing is it seems like it stopped working after an auto update. I used to print to both of these printers all the time both from the desktop and from wireless laptops through the desktop. It stopped working about 2 months ago.

If I had to guess it seems like the port connection is not correct or something. When I open the properties window for the Brother 2040 and then click on 'ports' - then properties window stops responding and I have to end the task via the Windows Task manager.

I can print to both of these printers from my XP and Vista laptops that I own when I connect them direct to the printer. I can also print to the Brother 2040 wireless through my US Robotics MAXg Router.

The problem seems to be specific to something with the ACER Desktop - Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have an Acer Slim Desktop Machine - AX1200. I have a Brother 2040 Laser that I am trying to print to as well as an HP Oficejet 6110xi. I have been able to load the software onto the desktop and it installed the printers in the printer window - but jobs that I send to either printer never print. The status on the printer monitor is "printing" - but the job never prints on the printer.
I have updated the software from the Brother and HP websites and still have the same problem.

The crazy thing is it seems like it stopped working after an auto update. I used to print to both of these printers all the time both from the desktop and from wireless laptops through the desktop. It stopped working about 2 months ago.

If I had to guess it seems like the port connection is not correct or something. When I open the properties window for the Brother 2040 and then click on 'ports' - then properties window stops responding and I have to end the task via the Windows Task manager.

I can print to both of these printers from my XP and Vista laptops that I own when I connect them direct to the printer. I can also print to the Brother 2040 wireless through my US Robotics MAXg Router.

The problem seems to be specific to something with the ACER Desktop - Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You need to check for the viruses on your system, they may have corrupted the drivers and the software's. You need to install the drivers or if not a problem it would be far better that you format your computer and install the drivers they will surely start working without any problems.

i have AVG anti virus on my systems - it updates every day and runs a full scan every morning - so I would be surprised if it was virus related. I can not delete the printer via the printer manager window. Does anyone know a work around to remove the printer so I can delete then reinstall the printer/drivers and update them?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.