LOL

as you can probably tell im quite new to this game so bear with me! after the previous problems i had with my speakers, im now having trouble successfully installing the sound card ive bought. Its an audigy 2 zs so not a bad card.. and ive put it into the only avialble PCI slot i have left. the sound appears to be working ok when listening to music but i cant hear any audio when viewing television on my TV card (pinnacle media centre 300i) i didnt have any trouble before installing the new card.

There was an internal audio cable with the TV card which it says to plug into the internal audio output of the soundcard, however im not really too sure what this is... wonder if anyone can shed any light...? and also if possible explain why the sound on DVDs isnt working properly because the card is attched to the DVD drive using the supplied cable... argh!!!!!! i almost wish id never bothered fooling around with all these updates! but i do love decent sounding audio!

There was an internal audio cable with the TV card which it says to plug into the internal audio output of the soundcard, however im not really too sure what this is...

Ive never used a tv card but try to find a cable that is plugged in your tv card to your motherboard. If I am right, you might need to unplug the end that is on your motherboard and insert it somewhere on your sound card. Maybe the sound card's manual could give you an idea where to plug it.

also if possible explain why the sound on DVDs isnt working properly because the card is attched to the DVD drive using the supplied cable...

Is the sound incorrect when you play a music cd in the drive and plug earphones directly on the drive? The cable that goes from your sound card to the dvd drive is intended for this purpose only. I dont use this cable myself...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.