I'm having trouble with one machine on my network.
It will not allow any user inc administrator to do anything with the printers & faxes.
There are currently no printers installed. I'm wanting to install a printer and i get the following error

a box appears with the title Printers, and it says 'operation could not be completed'

I have tried installing a print driver from CD and from the network and nothing happens
So if anyone out there could help that would be great
Thanks from a stumped network administrator.

Hi ,
Looks like you have a corrupted OS program file. If you are running Win XP, Win ME, Win NT, or Win 2000 you can re-install the OS & choose the "repair" option to fix the bad file. Make sure you choose the "repair" option because choosing anything else will wipe your data !!!
If you still need more advice.. then , post back & we'll try to help.
HOPE THIS HELPS :)
RGPHNX

Hi ,
Looks like you have a corrupted OS program file. If you are running Win XP, Win ME, Win NT, or Win 2000 you can re-install the OS & choose the "repair" option to fix the bad file. Make sure you choose the "repair" option because choosing anything else will wipe your data !!!
If you still need more advice.. then , post back & we'll try to help.
HOPE THIS HELPS :)
RGPHNX

Thanks for your Reply. I'm running XP so I will try the above.
Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.