My system sports WinXP Pro Svc Pk 2, 512 megs of RAM on an ASUS MB.

I am not a neophite computer person, but I'm not familiar with the inner workings of firewire; am just beginning the journey.

I have a Pinnacle systems firewire card with two ports. There is no clearcut definition of the model or anything. I see a number stamped into the mounting bracket, "51009867." I also see a thing on the card itself that says, "Booster 2B 1.0." The only thing on the card in addition to those markings is "Pinnacle Systems" and a "CE." It has two external 1394 connects and one internal. It's red in color and rectangular, plugging into a PCI slot. I've been to Pinnacle's site, but got not a clue.

I presume it would show up in hardware after installing.

Can I use this card for capturing video? If so, I probably need to find some software that will enable its capabilities.

I would appreciate any input given on the subject. I'm trying to get my system up and running so I might do some video production.

Thanks, BuddyB

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can capture video with it.

Download a copy of Studio 8 Demo ...

You will love it for editing video...

Mr. Inspector,
Thanks for your input. It gives me enough encouragement to plug the card in, and go..hopefully go, go, go.
BuddyB

I know this was a while ago, but I just fired up an old PC and found one of these cards in it. What does it do?
Thnaks,
gs

My system sports WinXP Pro Svc Pk 2, 512 megs of RAM on an ASUS MB.

I am not a neophite computer person, but I'm not familiar with the inner workings of firewire; am just beginning the journey.

I have a Pinnacle systems firewire card with two ports. There is no clearcut definition of the model or anything. I see a number stamped into the mounting bracket, "51009867." I also see a thing on the card itself that says, "Booster 2B 1.0." The only thing on the card in addition to those markings is "Pinnacle Systems" and a "CE." It has two external 1394 connects and one internal. It's red in color and rectangular, plugging into a PCI slot. I've been to Pinnacle's site, but got not a clue.

I presume it would show up in hardware after installing.

Can I use this card for capturing video? If so, I probably need to find some software that will enable its capabilities.

I would appreciate any input given on the subject. I'm trying to get my system up and running so I might do some video production.

Thanks, BuddyB

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.