Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I have run into a problem. I have many video files (not from DVD, so no, nothing illegal) and as you all know they take up much, much space. Plus many photos, music etc. The problem I have run into now is that I have a 2 bay enclosure that holds over 2TB of hdd but unless you run Vista in GPT it won't use all of it and I don't want to waste any of my 1TB and 1.5TB (2.5TB) hdd. The problem is when using that much it won't run MBR but only GPT. Ok, no problem you say, well my backup program Acronis 11 won't restore it in GPT. Would you buy a NAS? I have another computer that I use mainly for my Russound whole house audio and not much else. Could I use that? I have so much info to backup and transfer, I can't have a slow download. My system is a gig system but the NAS won't get that. I think my other computer should be able to handle that or not? What would you do????

I have a humaz satellite recorder box and hte hard disk is formatted in that in a format called EZ3 (or something like that. this is a linux type format but is much better for using the whole hard disk for vids and sound. however NTFS machines wont read this EZ? format but you can get software from the internet that will add to your windows OS the ability to read this type of format. Then you will be free of the NTFS restrtictions etc; I formatted an old 80 gig drive and its works verty well and I can get more on it...
Best of luck

M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.