I'M wanting to get a new computer, not a typical computer from Wal-Mart or BestBuy. I want to run Linux, Windows 7, and Windows 98. Since this will be a desktop I can add new hard drives as I see fit, but here's my question. What's the best way to run multiple OSes and computer. If I have multiple hard drives, can the different OSes be on different drives, or should they all be on one drive in different partitions. I would prefer both Windows to be on the same partitioned drive and Linux and it's own drive. But I don't know how this would work out with the master/slave setting for the hard drives. Thanks for any and all help.

. But I don't know how this would work out with the master/slave setting for the hard drives. Thanks for any and all help.

hi if you buy new computer it should have Sata harddrive's and they don't use master slave settings ,and yes you can use multiple hdd for the linux os, as for windows on one drive that works [that i have done with xp and win2000] ,remember to install oldest OS first ,to avoid problem with new /old files/drivers .
and i don't do this myself but i think you would use a Linux boot loader to chose between OS'S.
search linux for for details on boot loader, Grub i think its called

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.