I know this problem has been around a long time, I read many ,many post on how fix the ac adapter plug , works off batt, will not power on when only using adapter. Have replaced plugs , added jumpers to ground, tried every thing I found from old post on the net. I have 6 1100,1150,5100 and 5150's ,all have same problem. Where is the voltage regulator located on Mobo , I really needs some help or am I beating a dead horse ?

To the best of my knowledge there's no regulator on the boards. That is all done in the PSU for desktops, etc.
I take from your post that these are all laptops. There are several junctions that the power has to travel through before it gets to the system board even if it does doesn't mean prob. resolution. The batt. supplys power for 12v & 6v basic circuits. One of them, the 12v circuit I believe also uses AC power but at the 12v level. The 6v is basically a DC circuit with voltage drops much lower depending on need.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.