I have a ? can a mac keyboard work on a pc? it may sound stupid but i would like to know.

JAM SIKO

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

ooo! I have a question mark too... see it's right here. "?"

And yes a Windows designed USB keyboard will work on a mac that has USB ports, which they have had for quite awhile.

Yeap, altho a few keys will be out of place, alt and ctrl are reversed on Mac keyboards.

okay, thanx i have always used a pc but thought that the mac keyboards were pretty cool so i thought that i would get one do u have a recommendation?

JAM SIKO

Do u have a certain keyboard u like in particular?

JAM Siko

Apple keyboards are nothing fancy and some what expensive, unless you have an apple I wouldn't advise buying one.

okay, thanx for the input

JAM SIKO

I have a ? can a mac keyboard work on a pc? it may sound stupid but i would like to know.

JAM SIKO

I had the same question. So I took an old iMac keyboard and hooked it up. It works fine, but I don't have a right click nor a wheel in the center for scrolling down.
Yes it is an old 1998 keyboard. And I am typing with it now. But some of the perks I am used to are not there. I think I will use it for awhile though. It takes up less space, the mouse is attached to the keyboard instead of running a sepperate wire to the PC.
And I now know that if I have a keyboard problem I can move the iMac keyboard over to the PC. Knowledge that might come in handy in my McGyver universe.
I am one of those nuts that wants to make a knife out of a file, and then has to make a file out of a screwdriver. And I don't want to buy something when knowledge is the key. By the time I went to talk to a salesman at a computer store, who has told me you can't get there from here, unless you pay retail plus 10% for his razoo new item, that does 15 things I don't want and the thing I want not very well, I could have just plugged in my iMac keyboard to my PC and gotten my work done.
AsianSpanker

Did I mention there is no right click button on the iMac mouse nor a wheel to scroll your screen? Seems to be working just fine though, as you can see!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.