hi guys, does anyone can recommend a freeware or any tools to recover a raw hdd drive. The system was suddenly corrupted, hdd can still be detected and shown on my computer but upon clicking on the icon it's asking me to "Reformat my hdd".

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi guys, does anyone can recommend a freeware or any tools to recover a raw hdd drive. The system was suddenly corrupted, hdd can still be detected and shown on my computer but upon clicking on the icon it's asking me to "Reformat my hdd".

Hello,

If this is a one time thing and I suggest downloading UBCD for windows. It is a bootable CD that has partition and file recovery tools available from the system after it boots.

If the data is critical look into photo-rec and testdisk which are free or purchase and R-Studio and their applications.

thanks..had decided just to let go of my data and just format the hdd. Anyway got backup. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.