Plz tell me that what is the best way to format pc's hard disk. And also tell me its method.

Salem commented: Idiotic sig-spammer +0
Ezzaral commented: Complete idiot. -2

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Plz tell me that what is the best way to format pc's hard disk. And also tell me its method.

You can use a windows xp disk if you have that..

1) Boot in bios
2) Check first priority boot is cdrom/dvdrom
3) follow instruction on screen

Well there are couple of ways you can do this.

There is the Windows way, and the Unix Way

For Windows you do as AnarChYm says.

Pardon me this is from memory so it may not be accurate but you should get this idea.

For XP:
First there will be a blue screen doing some loading work, after that it will ask you to accept the Agreement, after you accept you will be shown a screen that will list all your hard drives. You have to figure out which harddrive you want to format (Usually C Drive). Once you have made the choice you just select it with the arrow keys and press D then L to confirm. Once done you will see that there is a new drive called Unallocated Space (It may be called something else but it will be close to this wording). now Select that drive and press Enter. It will ask you if you want to Quick format or not, choose quick format.

And then follow the steps.

The other way is by going to Control Panel-> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management. Then you want to goto Disk Management. once there you fill see all your drives listed.
Right click and Format once again you will have option to quick format. Check it.
Note: this method will not work if you have only one drive and are using it.

Unix way:
Goto Ubuntu.com (There are alot of Distros you can choose from Ubuntu is just one of them). Download the iso.
Burn the Iso using any burning software.
Put the Cd in and Reboot your computer.

While booting you will be prompted by the language Selection screen make your selection. Once done it will ask you if you wish to install or try.
Click Try unless you want to install (Ubuntu is a very good OS much better than Windows, you are welcome to try it boasts an excellent Community that will help you learning the ins and out of Linux).

Once there click on System on the top Left Bar, then click on Administration->Disk Utility.

Choose your drive and Press Format, It will ask you which format you wish to Use. Click on Fat32 or NTFS if you wish to use windows. Click on Ext4 or Ext3 if you plan to use linux. Linux Supports all formats Windows only supports. Fat16, Fat32, and NTFS.
once again quick format option will be available

If you are unsure which format to choose go with NTFS as a safe bet unless you wish to use Linux then go with Ext4 for the performance.

If This has solved your problem please mark this thread as solved.

Thanks.

its likely just a signature links post and poster will never mark it solved .

True CopperJack, but we still provide free support. The Mark as Solved is only to gain respect and rep. To share knowledge is the greatest feat you can achieve. If you were to die that knowledge would go with you, it's not like you will retain it. You know what I am saying. Anyway Peace.

True CopperJack, but we still provide free support. The Mark as Solved is only to gain respect and rep. To share knowledge is the greatest feat you can achieve. If you were to die that knowledge would go with you, it's not like you will retain it. You know what I am saying. Anyway Peace.

what ever !i guess i have been here to long ,as it really bugs me that people are spoiling it by posting,just to post signature links !and I'm taking my FREE time to answer ,getting harder to enjoy it like i use to

Hmm, I can see what you mean.

I didn't realize he is just trying to advertise.

So I typed all that for nothin? Well someone might have that as a legit question. In that hope I may have helped someone.

Well someone might have that as a legit question. In that hope I may have helped someone.

and honestly that all that matters ,if you read the first post ,it is in 2 parts sort of , but both parts is same question !

prt1=Plz tell me that what is the best way to format pc's hard disk.
prt 2= And also tell me its method.
to me that has the same answer .

keep posting and enjoy .

Hi, all I do is go to START, RIGHT CLICK My Computer, Click MANAGE. In the next window go down the list to Disk Management (click on it), find your HDD and Right Click on it, click on FORMAT. Thats all there is to it.

Hi, all I do is go to START, RIGHT CLICK My Computer, Click MANAGE. In the next window go down the list to Disk Management (click on it), find your HDD and Right Click on it, click on FORMAT. Thats all there is to it.

that's not all there is, that only works if its a second hard drive working as a slave ,you can't format your hard drive that has windows installed on it from within windows!
original poster asked how to format you PC's harddrive

thanks m8

that method is mentioned in my post

The other way is by going to Control Panel-> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management. Then you want to goto Disk Management. once there you fill see all your drives listed.
Right click and Format once again you will have option to quick format. Check it.
Note: this method will not work if you have only one drive and are using it.

that's not all there is, that only works if its a second hard drive working as a slave ,you can't format your hard drive that has windows installed on it from within windows!
original poster asked how to format you PC's harddrive[/QUOTE

You're right. I should have said this works for an ext. HDD. Thanks for correcting me. Jerry9839

It's me again. Jerry9839. I have another idea that should help you even if capperjack say no. I use an app. called "PCbeginner" that I brough in 2006. But, I see in google that you can deownload that version for free now. Go ahead an get it. Put the disc in your PC, restart your PC an let it bootup from the disc, go into Disk Tools and select "Delee Data" from drive. After this is done restart again leaving PCbeginner in the drive. After it boots up go to Disk Tools again an select Partition & Format, format the drive. Your HDD is now ready to reinstall OS, The app is pretty easy to unstand. I have a new updated version coming. However most of the material in 2006 is the same. I just want to be able to use it on Windows 7. Good Luck There are other Apps out there also that are self booting, I just like this one.

KillDisk, it boots in the BIOS, and it's pretty simple

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.