I recieved a free Intel 40gb SSD HDD from NewEgg as part of a purchase deal and since I didnt need it in my system I decided to use it as an external portable HDD so I purchased a Rosewill 2.5" SATA to USB External Enclosure (RX81U-ES-25A). I popped the HDD into the enclosure and via USB I plugged it into my Windows 7 machine. Now Win 7 seemed to instantly and successfully recognize and install the necessary drivers but I do not see access to the drive on my Win 7 system at all. Under my computer I only show my Primary HDD (C:) and my Blu-Ray. The enclosure indicates its getting power from the USB and it did recognize it when plugged in....but since I am fairly new to Win 7 was wondering if the access to the drive would be located somewhere else within the OS or maybe someone out there can help me figure out why I am unable to find and access the drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am positive that my computer set it up correctly cause I can see it and all its info under my device manager right above my primary C:. I just cannot find the icon to open it and copy or delete files off it in Win 7.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

right click on you hdd icon and click manage, go to disk management and see if its listed there anywhere ,if it is right click on it there ' it may just need to be formatted

Sweet. Thx a ton. Was able to locate the disk management portion of Win 7 and format/assign a drive path and that did the trick. Now it shows up next to my primary HDD like its supposed to. Your help is much appreciated.

your welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.