I am thinking of purchasing a Mac, because I am getting sick of my PC breaking down all the time. What I want to know is which Mac I should buy. I would use my Mac for emulating stuff (VPC), gaming, programming, and surfing the net.

I am thinking either the iMac or the PowerMac. What do you guys/gals think would be better?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

By Far... PowerMac G5 would be ideal if you wanted to do extreme gaming. It has a lot of power, plus speed. Don't get me wrong, the iMac is a good computer, but trust me, you'll be happy with the PowerMac ;)

Mac is a waste of money if you want to do games. I'd say save a $1k or two and build a PC if that's all you're going to use one for. But if you must, I'd go for the powerMac G5.

The one you can afford ;)

Personally I wouldn't mind having some huge Dual G5, but right now I'd consider holind off untill the Intel based macs are out :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.