I have been trying to install numerous sound cards and I can not get it to work. I would remove it from slot to slot and I continue to recieve an error message of Data invalid. I found sites that gave advice that were all the same but when I follow the instructions the outcome continues to be the same. I know the cards work so that is not the problem. I have been working on this for some time and it's making me sick.

Someone please help!
Thank You!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have been trying to install numerous sound cards and I can not get it to work. I would remove it from slot to slot and I continue to recieve an error message of Data invalid. I found sites that gave advice that were all the same but when I follow the instructions the outcome continues to be the same. I know the cards work so that is not the problem. I have been working on this for some time and it's making me sick.

Someone please help!
Thank You!

Is this what you've tried?

I have figured out the problem myself. I was just looking at what file the computer was asking for and I replaced that file. The Driver.cab was the problem so I copied a fresh one from the WINXP CD and it worked.

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.