I have some MTS video files got from my Sony HDR-CX110 camcorder.And i want to do some editing via Final Cut Pro.But i noticed that MTS videos can not be recognised by FCP.My friend told me i have to convert MTS files to other formats.But i am not clear what video formats should i convert to? And what software should i use to convert the MTS files?Freeware at the best.Thanks in advance.

The video formats that FCP supports are MPEG4, MOV or H.264.
so firstly, you should use a video converter to convert MTS files to the format compatible to the FCP.

The video converter i recommend is Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac which is designed specially for Mac users to convert and edit MTS/M2TS files.
This software can convert MTS/M2TS files to other popular video formats, like MPEG4, MOV, AVI, MKV, FLV,MP3,OGG,AC3,FLAC and ect.

And it also provided several editing functions, like cropping unwanted parts, trimming the vidoe length,watermarking with image or video and adding some special video effects.

Hope it can solve your problem.

Never used FCP, always convert the mts to wmv, then edit in WMM.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.