plastered 0 Junior Poster in Training

Hey Guys!

I have recently run into trouble with the Display Adaptors on my PC. I currently use a HP Pavilion w5130in PC with the following configuration:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00395266&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_INEN

I have made the following changes to the system about two years ago:

1. Installed a 1*1 GB SD DDR RAM (Go ahead, fill yourself with a hearty laugh!)
2. Installed a nVidia 8600 GT Video RAM (PCI Slot)

The Trouble:

I ran into trouble when the Display suddenly stopped working. I connected the VGA Cable to the Onboard Graphics Card and voila it started working. I then checked Device Manager only to find my nVidia Card Missing in Action. A search for Hardware Changes wouldn't change anything. So i updated the Motherboard Drivers and the Onboard GC Drivers. On restarting the computer it popped up with the Found New Hardware Wizard and I installed the nVidia GC and it worked. I though what a Genius I was and almost immediately the thought got back at me. I had to shut down the computer due to a power failure, and when I tried to restart the computer - I was back to square one.

I repeated the process and it worked again. But a couple of times later, it corrupted the Video dll in System32 folder. I had to reinstall the OS from the Driver DVD's. I fixed the trouble again by updating the Drivers and then installing my nVidia GC. But again when I restart it goes all poof!

Please advise.
Thank you in advance and cheers!
And sorry for making this a drag story! :)