Hello,
I just recently bought a new mobo, cpu, ram, and power supply. I installed them into my old compac box and started it; when i hit the power button the fan turns on, the leds light up and i can hear the drives going, but i get no display on the monitor. I know the monitor works cause i've used it before, any help would be great.

Parts:
m/b : Biostar TA760G M2+
cpu: AMD anthlon X2 64 bit processor
pwr: 480 w

thanx.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

ok, try unplugging all drives and mouse ,keyboard and turn it on see what happens,if same thing remove ram and try ,same thing ,remove it all from the compaq box and set it up on the table and try it outside the box,maybe a short between motherboard and the box

Thanks for the reply, though it still doesn't work. i think the motherboard is junk, i think i should return it to newegg.

Once again thanx caperjack, i appriciate your help.

Thanks for the reply, though it still doesn't work. i think the motherboard is junk, i think i should return it to newegg.

Once again thanx caperjack, i appriciate your help.

your welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.