Is my HP Pavilion dv5 Entertainment PC compatible with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 Crossfire?

Sorry.. Title Wouldn't Fit In The Title Box..

hi, had my laptop a couple of years.. its been through good and bad.. and i'm looking to give it a little something to help it keep up with some of the newer laptops, so does anyone if this is compatible with my laptop.. if it's a case of my laptop not supporting crossfire (no idea if it does or not) then would anyone know the most powerful single graphics card that would work, thanks in advance for your time

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i'm guessing no-one really uses this forum anymore..?

I don't think you will be able to replace the graphics card for your laptop; usually they are chips fitted on the motherboard. Best thing I can suggest is expanding the RAM if possible. You may also consider other performance tweaks like cleaning your registry or defragging your hard drive.

from what i've been told, the ati mobility cards are removable but i've not tried opening it up yet. i think i'll give that a try though, i think if i can afford it i'll try to boost it up to about 8gig of ram, thanks anyway =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.