hey, this is probable a very basic question

I was just wondering if you thought this was a good deal. I wanted to buy a cheap laptop which I could take to back and fourth collage, it would mainly be used for writing small low levels programs, and word processing. The only game I would b tempted to install is football manger 2005.

Anyway I have a chance to buy an old TOSHIBA TECRA 9000 for around £200 depends how much I can haggle him down from.

it has the following spec

INTEL PENTIUM 3 1GHZ
512MB
20GB
Data Bus Speed 133 MHz

how much do think this will this effect the speed?

I was just wondering if you thought this was a good deal?

Thanks
_-*Jay*-_

it sounds ok if you want something that old.

why dont you save your money and look about a bit for a good deal. i've seen P4 laptops running with basically the same specs for about £350-£400. Least if you get new you've got the added benefit of the warranty should anything happen. you wont have the warranty if you get the machine you've said about.:)

visit www.pcworld.co.uk for a look at what they have on offer. in some instances they have internet only deals which might be of interest to you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.