Hi, I got up this morning to find "American Megatrends" on my screen along with a message of a hard disk error. My computer won't reboot and when I turn it off and back on I get the same message. Is "AMI" a real company and how would it have gotten onto my computer? lol If any of this makes any sense to you please help? Thanks

Hello,

Yes American Megatrends is a company that produces motherboards and this BIOS loading and is the screen you normally do not see when your computer is booting properly and set to quick boot.

http://www.ami.com/

Could be your hard drive has died or could be simply a boot track problem. Can you supply the exact message?

Hi, the message says "no boot device available". It runs through a diagnostics check and says everything is ok but when I click ok to reboot, it starts all over again! It's a Dell Inspiron and I just bought it in April.

Hello,

i have recently had a similar problem. If you enter BIOS is the hard drive detected?

To enter BIOS you need to press a key once you turn the pc on (when that AMI message comes up) it should say something like press F2/del to enter BIOS. Press whichever key it says is for BIOS.

Have a look through the menus and see if the hard drive is listed. You may have to let us know what is listed if you can't find it your self.

- Let us know how it goes.

I agree with Xlphos about checking the BIOS to make sure the drive is recognised also would not hurt to open the system and make sure the wires are still connected.