I have a customer that needs a Thin Client replaced. We have a spare, however the technology is so out dated I can't seem to find any of the information I need. this thing has been on the shelf for years. It seems to be in good working order. I can't get the Thin Client to connect to our network. Now I don't know if thats due to the fact we are setup as a workgroup and not a domain or what. It repeatedly tells me "RDP: Unable to connect, Network is unreachable" I've never used a Thin Client so any info would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have a customer that needs a Thin Client replaced. We have a spare, however the technology is so out dated I can't seem to find any of the information I need. this thing has been on the shelf for years. It seems to be in good working order. I can't get the Thin Client to connect to our network. Now I don't know if thats due to the fact we are setup as a workgroup and not a domain or what. It repeatedly tells me "RDP: Unable to connect, Network is unreachable" I've never used a Thin Client so any info would be appreciated.

I spent the better part of 6 months re-configuring some terminals and programs for GE aviation in the not too distant past. I have a couple questions. How familiar are you with the terminal setup programs that are supplied on the ROM of each terminal? If you do know what I am talking about, make sure that you check to see if you may have to run in a certain emulator mode for your network type. Not being a domain controller makes little difference. Make triple sure of the RX/TX (transmit/receive) line matches to settings on the working terminals.

1st step.

boot into the terminals ROM setup for the terminals that you know work. Write down the settings but do not save any changes you may make by accident.

2nd step

Then boot into the new terminals setup ROM, and get as close as possible on every setting. Usually this will allow you to finally boot into the network.

3rd step

If not successful at this point go through each setting of the terminal emulation setting in the ROM. Try each setting one at a time. I would expect that 95% of the time you should be able to boot from just copying the setting correctly.

Hope this helps. I will also look through some of my old docs to see if I still have some of the terminals setup books. I seem to recall dealing with that specific terminal on several occasions.

Peace

I spent the better part of 6 months re-configuring some terminals and programs for GE aviation in the not too distant past. I have a couple questions. How familiar are you with the terminal setup programs that are supplied on the ROM of each terminal? If you do know what I am talking about, make sure that you check to see if you may have to run in a certain emulator mode for your network type. Not being a domain controller makes little difference. Make triple sure of the RX/TX (transmit/receive) line matches to settings on the working terminals.

Most terminals run in either WYSE mode or IBM mode...

Thnx I appreciate that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.