Pentium D 925 (3.00ghz)
Flashing cursor appears on start up after Lenovo splash screen.
Problem has occured after serveral tests...
- Faulty ram was changed and tested on other machine. RAM 100% works.
- Possible faulty HDD. Replaced with brand new HDD.
- After Norton ghost. Tested image on other computer that are the same and they work. Tested other image build on this computer and still same result.
- Connected computer to network using motherboard port and PCI card and ghosted with both. Same problem occurs.
- Removed CMOS and reset. Re-ghost and still doesn't work.
HDD works in external case so this rules out HDD failure.
HDD works when using XP disk to install windows, however there are lots of driver problems and this method isn't practical. The ghost method needs to be used to get all the settings from the network so the computer can be ready to use quickly.
This is happening on two identical computers.
If anyone has any information that could help me with this problem it would be valued.